Wikivahdat:Policies and guidelines
Policies and guidelines of Wikivahdat are as follows:
Considering the differences between the opinions of thinkers of different Islamic sects, the authors intend to use first-hand sources accepted by the two major Islamic sects (Shia and Sunni) as much as possible. In the meantime, the authors should refrain from any unscientific comments based on nervousness and blind support, and the content that is being uploaded on the domain of Wikivahdat, according to the policy of maximum unity among Muslims.
Another main policy of the authors in Wikivahdat is using the maximum amount of specialized content produced in the field of unity of the Islamic Ummah.
Wikivahdat guidelines are divided into four sections: Content guidelines, 2. Behavioral guidelines, 3. Editing guidelines, 4. Classification guidelines.
The content presented in the form of Wikivahdat is a content in order to create the unity of the Islamic Ummah and to keep the single Islamic Ummah away from any blind prejudice-based differences and ignorance towards the followers of Islamic religions.
The contents of Wikivahdat are classified into issues, persons, currents, institutions, etc. that are active in the field of unity of the Islamic Ummah and rapprochement between Islamic religions. For prominent figures in the Islamic world the following are discussed in Wikivahdat:
- Biographies (including births and deaths, education, specialization, professors and students)
- His works including books and important works of that person or institution
- General proximity views (i.e. positions related to the possibility of approximation, its necessity and approximate solutions) - Specific proximity views of the individual or current or institution (i.e. proximity theories and constituencies, government, scholars, people, elites, as well as critique and analysis of opinions and theories in the field of proximity)
- Arguments in the field of proximity and unity (rational and narrative)
The first priority is on issues related to the unity of the above, and the following are the next priority:
- Scientific method used by the individual or collection
- The political and social conditions of the time and the extent of its impact on his proximity and unifying view
- Convergent or divergent currents and individuals in the field of unity of the Islamic Ummah and approximation.
- Prominent institutions or organizations with an approximate and violent approach in the Islamic world
Always enter a summary of the editing you are doing in the Edit Summary box. Avoid writing summaries of irrelevant edits.
The founders of Wikivahdat are based on presenting the contents of Wikivahdat in different languages. But now Wikivahdat is active in three main languages: Persian, Arabic and English.
Features of a wiki
Features and capabilities of wikis include: Ability to permanently edit entries
Ability to retrieve information and changes made on each page.
Ability to update and add information to entries
Ability to record any changes made to the entries (articles) that appear at the top of each page as the article history page at the top of all pages. In fact, visitors can find out about the changes and the authors of the entry and the article.
Ability to see all changes made to all wiki pages by users seen on the Recent Changes page.
Ability to link entries (articles) to each other. In fact, while reading each entry, the user can easily access all the concepts in that entry and get complete information about the subject under study.
Ability to link articles on the same topic to other languages on that wiki. Ability to create a category (subject list, general titles) at the end of each article that shows the titles of the articles in that category.
Wiki pages and articles also have a discussion page where the user can inform the author or authors and editors of the article about the article. This page is in fact a place for discussion of experts and those interested in the subject of the article, which leads to the richness of the form and content of the written articles.
There are templates that are placed at the top of the articles and provide users with brief information. By referring to the information box, the user can know the main and key information contained in the text of the article without reading the whole article.
There are templates that collect article-related links in horizontal boxes at the bottom of the article. These patterns sometimes appear vertically at the top of articles, but the relationship between the titles in these tables is transverse, meaning that all titles fall under one comprehensive title.